Thursday, March 27, 2008

chapter 3

The Aftermath


As Billy opens his eyes he realizes that he is in his own room, not in a dark hallway, not about to be killed, and his brother was standing over him. The room was bright all of the rooms lights were on and Billy could hear the alarm going off. Billy could feel that he was soaked in what he was hoping was sweat and not his own urine or blood. As Billy looks at his brother the only words that came to Billy’s mind was "Yo dude wasssup."

"You were screaming like some one was killing you. You okay little bro?” Asked Michael “I was worried.”
“Nah I am okay I just had a bad dream.” Billy replied.
“About what?”

It takes about a half hour for Billy to tell his brother every thing about the dream. Each time Billy said something about how weird the dream was he could see in his brother’s eyes the concern and how serious Michael was taking this dream. He could see the puzzled look on his brother face when he told him about the doors and the mysterious liquid the Billy fell face first into. The fear in his brothers face when he told him about the crazy, smelly, and tough gargoyle type monster.

“Wow… that sucks even I would scream like a little girl if I had that dream.” Michael said trying to make Billy laugh. Billy tried to laugh at his brother terrible attempt at a joke, but there was something that just scared Billy so much about that hall way.

Billy looked into his brothers face the same as it always was rosy red checks even at 3 o’clock in the morning. Michaels hair still had grease in it from the cars at his work. Billy could always smell some type of car on his brother from the shop he work at. People tell Billy that he got his Dads eye’s and Michael got their Mom’s. Michaels eyes were two different colors on the outer ring they were a light brown and on the inner ring they were a cool hazel color the ladies always love his eyes. Michael was 5’9” and he said he was 200 flat, but I knew that he was at least 230 maybe 240. I loved my brother but he weighted more than I did.

“Well I have to get ready for school soon so I better get to bed.” Billy Yawned
“Alright bro and hey don’t worry about it. The dream I mean.”
“Cool thanks night dude.”
“Night.”

No comments: